||Awards / Achievements
Coal India Limited bags India Today Award
Coal India Limited (CIL) has been conferred the 'Fastest Growing Award' in the India Today PSU Awards event held in Delhi on 14 December 2015.
Shri Nagendra Kumar, Director (Technical) CIL received the award from Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad, Hon'ble Minister of Communications and Information Technology, GoI in the presence of Shri Piyush Goyal, Hon'ble Minister of State (I/C) Power, Coal, New & Renewable Energy, GoI.
Coal India bags the coveted Sports Award for 2015
His Excellency Shri Pranab Mukherjee, Hon'ble President of India giving away the 'Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puraskar 2015' to Mr. Sutirtha Bhattacharya, Chairman CIL on 29 August 2015, in Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi.
Coal India Limited (CIL) the Maharatna coal mining CPSU bagged the coveted 'Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puruskar 2015' award in recognition of its contribution in the field of 'encouragement to sports through Corporate Social Responsibility'.
His Excellency Shri Pranab Mukherjee, Hon'ble President of India gave away the award to Shri. Sutirtha Bhattacharya, Chairman, CIL who received it on behalf of CIL, on 29 August 2015 at a formal function in Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi.
CIL and its subsidiaries are actively associated with promotion and development of sports within and outside the organization for development of human capital. The company promotes rural sports in and around the areas of its operations.
CIL bags 1st Prize for Official Language Implementation Policy
CIL bags 1st prize in the corporate offices category for best implementation of Official Language policy of the Union by Town Official Language Implementation Committee (TOLIC) (PSU), Kolkata on the occasion of prize distribution ceremony-cum-Half yearly meeting held on 29.8.2015. The Prize was given by Mahamahim Shri Kesharinath Tripathi, Governor of West Bengal to Mr. R. Mohan Das, Director (P&IR) and Shri Bhagwan Pandey, General Manager (MP&IR/Rajbhasha) of Coal India Limited.
Sri Gopesh Chandra Das, Manager (Rajbhasha) was also given a citation on this occasion.
CIL bags Indira Gandhi Rajbhasha Sheild
Under the Rajbhasha Award Scheme of the Government of India, Honourable Pranab Mukherjee, the President of India, awarded Indira Gandhi Rajbhasha Shield honors to CIL – II prize for the best implementation of the Official Language Policy of the Union among PSUs situated in the “C” region at Rashtrapati Bhavan on the occasion of Hindi Diwas i.e 14.09.2014. On behalf of Coal India, Dr. Amarendra Kumar Dubey, IAS, Chairman-cum-Managing Director, received the award. In addition to the Hon'ble Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh and other distinguished dignitaries, Shree R. Mohan Das, Director (P&IR) of Coal India and Sri Bhagwan Pandey General Manager (MP&IR & Rajbhasha) were present on this occasion.
Dr. Dubey expressed his pleasure for this honor to Coal India. He has given the credit for this honour to all officers and employees of the institution and appeals them to use more and more Hindi in their official works in compliance with the Official Language Policy of the Union.
CIL bags 1st Prize for Official Language Implementation Policy
CIL bags 1st prize in the corporate offices category for best implementation of Official Language policy of the Union by Town Official Language Implementation Committee (TOLIC) (PSU), Kolkata on the occasion of prize distribution ceremony-cum-Half yearly meeting held on 08.09.2014. The Prize was given by Mahamahim Shri Kesarinath Tripathi, Governor of West Bengal to Mr. R. Mohan Das, Director (P&IR) and Shri Bhagwan Pandey, General Manager (MP&IR/Rajbhasha) of Coal India Limited.
Sri K.A.Mishra, Manager (Rajbhasha) was also given a citation on this occasion.
- 1. CIL bags 1st Prize in the filed of Official Language Implementation Policy
CIL bags 1st prize in the corporate offices category for best implementation of Official Language policy of the Union by Town Official Language Implementation Committee(TOLIC) (PSU) , Kolkata on the occasion of prize distribution ceremony-cum-Half yearly meeting held on 30.08.2013. The Prize was received by Shri Bhagwan Pandey, General Manager (MP&IR/Rajbhasha) of Coal India Limited.
Sri K.A.Mishra, Manager (Rajbhasha) was also given a citation on this occasion.
- 2. CIL conferred with two CSR Awards
Coal India Limited (CIL), the Maharatna coal mining PSU was conferred with two Corporate Social Responsibility Awards on 18 February 2013-the World CSR Day. The awards, 'Global CSR Excellence and Leadership Award' for Best Corporate Social Responsibility Practices and 'Blue Dart Most Caring Companies of India Award' were presented in a formal function to CIL officials.
- 3. Coal India receives Geospatial Award
Coal India Limited (CIL), the Maharatna PSU, was conferred with 'Best Geospatial Application in an Enterprise' Award, on 22 January 2013, by Geospatial Media and Communications Pvt. Ltd.
The award received by Mr. S Narsing Rao, Chairman, CIL, on behalf of the company in a formal ceremony "India Geospatial Excellence Awards" was for CIL's innovative and successful implementation of geospatial technologies in exploration and mining techniques which helped in managing and streamlining the usage of natural resources.
- 1. Coal India bags CSR Award
Coal India Limited (CIL) the Maharatna coal mining monolith was awarded "IPE CSR Corporate Governance Award 2012" for its outstanding achievement in Corporate Social Responsibility. The award instituted by Institute of Public Enterprises and endorsed by World CSR Congress, CMO Asia and Asian Confederation of Business was presented by Director IPE, in a formal function held on 24 November 2012 in Mumbai, to CIL Officials. CIL lays special emphasis on CSR activities and is among the top PSUs of the country in terms fund allocation to CSR activities.
- 2. Coal India features in Platts Global Energy Company rankings
Coal India Limited was named to 'Platts Top 250 Global Energy Company Rankings' for 2012 for having distinguished itself through its remarkable performance last year.
Since, 2002 Platts has ranked energy companies' financial performance globally, regionally and by industry sector. For 2012 CIL earned a ranking of 48 on overall global performance. Platts also analyzed energy companies by nine industry classifications and three regions. CIL ranked No. 2 in Coal and Consumable Fuels in Asia/Pacific Rim; and also No.2 in Coal and Consumable Fuels globally and No.11 in overall performance in Asia/Pacific Rim.
Platts rankings are based on four key metrics - assert worth, revenues, profits and return on investment capital. All companies which ranked are publicly held and have assets greater than US $4 Billion.
The rankings were announced in a formal Asia Awards Function on 23 October 2012 in Singapore.
- 3. Mr. R Mohan Das, CIL Director (P&IR), conferred HR Award
Mr. R. Mohan Das, Director (Personnel & IR), Coal India Limited, the Maharatna coal mining PSU was recently conferred with the coveted "HR Leadership Award" jointly by the 'Institute of Public Enterprises' (IPE) and 'Asia Pacific HRM Congress' at Bangalore in an official awards ceremony.
Mr. Mohan Das was also honoured with a citation on inclusion of his name as one of the 'Most Powerful HR Professionals of India' for his outstanding contribution in the field of HR.
- 4. CMPDI bags International Award
Central Mine Planning & Design Institute (CMPDI) the Ranchi based mine consultancy arm of Coal India Limited (CIL) received the reputed "Geospatial World Excellence Award 2012" on 24th April, 2012, in Amsterdam, Netherlands. The award conferred on CMPDI, amidst stiff competition, was in recognition of excellent usage of Geospatial technology for land reclamation monitoring of coal mines on behalf of CIL. CMPDI was selected for the award out of total 149 nominations by a panel of eminent international jury.
- 1. Shri N C Jha felicitated by Institution of Engineers (India)
Shri N C Jha, Chairman, Coal India Limited was honoured with the coveted “Eminent Engineering Personality” award by Institution of Engineers (India) on 16, December 2011 at Bengaluru. IEI, which for the last 94 years has been advocating the engineering advancement in the country honours leading engineering personalities every year for their outstanding contribution in their respective fields at an event ‘Glimpses of Eminent Personalities'.
This year, the award was presented to Shri N C Jha in recognition of his key role and notable contributions to Coal India Limited over the years, during the ‘26th Indian Engineering Congress’ held from 15-18 December 2011 at Bengaluru.
- 2. Coal India Limited bagged first prize of Official language Implementation Award
Coal India Limited has bagged first prize of Official Language Implementation award of Official Languge Implementation Committee (PSUs), Kolkata during its half yearly meeting-cum-prize distribution ceremony held on 30.08.2011 at “Topaz Hall of Hindustan Hotel”. This was for the outstanding contribution towards Official Language policy of the Union during the year 2010-11 in Corporate Offices Category. Offices of 106 PSUs are the member of TOLIC, Kolkata.
- 3. Coal India wins India Pride Award 2011
Coal India Limited (CIL) was conferred with “India Pride Award 2011” for the second consecutive year. CIL received the Gold Trophy in ‘Energy & Power’ category. The award presented by Shri Montek Singh Ahluwalia, Deputy Chairman, Planning Commission of India, was received by Shri NC Jha, Chairman, CIL in a formal award ceremony in New Delhi on 21 October 2011.
India Pride Awards have been initiated by Dainik Bhaskar, a leading Hindi language media house and DNA – the English language news daily, aimed to recognize the outstanding contribution made by PSUs and individuals in different areas towards promoting efficiency and to encourage and motivate the individuals to achieve higher goals. The evaluation for the awards was done by ICRA, based on various Business Results.
- 4. Company of the Year Award to Coal India
Coal India Limited was conferred the coveted “Company of the Year Award” in a function organized by Indian Chamber of Commerce and Department of Public Enterprises (DPE) on 19 September 2011 at 2nd Summit on ‘India Public Sector Agenda @2020’ at New Delhi.
Shri N C Jha, Chairman, CIL along with Shri Alok Perti, Secretary to Government of India, Ministry of Coal, received the Citation and Award from Shri Bhaskar Chatterjee, Secretary to Government of India Department of Public Enterprises, Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises.
- 5. Coal India joins 30-Stock SENSEX
Coal India Limited joined the select band of the Indian corporate when the company was included in India’s most widely tracked bellwether Index, the 30-stock “SENSEX” on 8 August 2011, globally considered to be the barometer of the Indian economy. Inclusion in the Bombay Stock Exchange SENSEX marks a defining moment in the history of the company and opens a new dimension to the company’s prospects.
- 6. Coal India Limited included in the Dow Jones SAFE 100 Index
Coal India Limited (CIL) the Navratna coal mining PSU made it to the 'Dow Jones SAFE 100 Index', when the leading global index provider announced the results of the regular annual review of Dow Jones SAFE 100 Index, on 10 March 2011 in New York. CIL is one among the 5 Indian companies to have made it to the Index. The renewed status will be effective after the closing of trading on Friday, March 18, 2011.
The Dow Jones SAFE 100 Index measures the performance of 100 blue-chip companies in five of the eight member states of the South Asian Federation of Exchanges (SAFE). The five member states included in the index are: India, Bangladesh, Mauritius, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. Dow Jones Indexes is a leading full-service index provider that develops, maintains and licenses indexes for use as benchmarks and as the basis of investment products.
- 7. Coal India features in “FE 500”
Coal India Limited had featured in the “FE 500” a Financial Express Research Bureau Project brought out by ‘The Indian Express’, a news daily in March 2011.
In fact, CIL is among the super league of top 10 firms and occupies a composite rank of 5 (for 2010). In terms of Gross Profit CIL is ranked 5 and CIL had also entered the top 10 in terms of market capitalization. In the editorial the Managing Editor had stated "In 2010-11 too these companies have continued to perform well inspite of the possibility of a double dip recession in the West not being ruled out by experts". He concludes by " It is increasingly evident that the FE 500 universe will continue to mirror the long term India growth story".
- 8. Central Mine Planning and Design Institute Limited (CMPDIL), the Mini Ratna consultancy arm of Coal India Limited had bagged the prestigious “SCOPE Meritorious Award for R&D, Technology Development & Innovation” for the year 2009-10. This was announced on 17 March 2011.
- 9. Coal India Limited bagged a prestigious international award in Geneva on 7 March 2011. CIL was conferred with the “Century International Quality ERA Award (CQE)” in the Gold Category in recognition of commitment to Quality, Leadership, Technology and Innovation. The awards were given by Business Initiative Directions (BID) – a leading private organization focused on the Quality Mix Plan.
- 10. Chairman, Coal India Limited was conferred ‘CEO of the Year’ as well as ‘CEO with HR Orientation’ Award in Global HR Excellence Awards 2010-11 during the World HRD Congress on 11 February 2011 in Mumbai.
- 11. Chairman, Coal India Limited was conferred with the coveted National Award in the Corporate Excellence category on 13 January 2011 at Siri Fort Auditorium New Delhi in an awards function organized by ‘Ramakrishna – Vivekananda International Foundation’.
- 1. Shri R. Mohan Das, Director (Personnel & Industrial Relations), Coal India Limited has been elected as the as National President of NIPM (National Institute of Personnel Management) in their National Council biennial election for the year 2010-12.
- 2. Coal India Limited has won five medals at the Shenhua Cup, an international mining skill competition held in China recently. This was organized by Shenhua Group Corporation Limited, the largest coal company in China.
- 3. Coal India Limited (CIL) was conferred with “India Pride Awards 2010” in two of the categories that the company had participated in. CIL received the Gold Trophy in ‘Energy & Power’ category and Silver Trophy in ‘CSR & Environment’ category. The awards have been initiated by Dainik Bhaskar, a leading Hindi language media house along with DNA – the English language news daily, aimed to recognize the outstanding contribution made by PSUs.
- 4. Coal India Limited (CIL) has bagged five awards for its Human Resources Practices at Asia’s Best Employer Brand Awards at Suntec Centre in Singapore. The Asian Best Employer Brand Awards were hosted and researched by Employer Brand Institute and Stars of Industry Group.
- 5. Chairman, Coal India Limited, was conferred with the "Distinguished Management Fellowship" award of Indian Institute of Social Welfare & Business Management (IISW&BM) – one of the oldest management institutes of India - in a special session held on 23 July, 2010 in Kolkata.
- 6. Chairman, Coal India Limited was awarded the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) President’s Award for Outstanding Contribution to CII for 2009-10 at a function in New Delhi on 11 May 2010.
- 7. Coal India Limited received the “Best Practices in Industrial Relations Award (IR)” for 2010-11 in an Annual Awards function organized recently by Hooghly Chamber of Commerce & Industry. CIL bagged the award in recognition of its commendable efforts in managing its IR functions.
- 8. Chairman and Managing Director of our Company was conferred with the "CEO with HR Orientation Award" by the Council of World HRD Congress at the Global HR Excellence Awards Ceremony 2010.
- 1. Conferred the "World's Largest Coal Producing Company Award" at the first Dalal Street Investment Journal PSU Awards, 2009.
- 2. Ranked among the top five finalists in the 11th Anniversary of Platts Global Energy Awards 2009, in the 'Energy Producer of the Year' category.
- Conferred the "SCOPE Gold Trophy 2007-08" for Excellence and Outstanding Contribution to the Public Sector Management".
- Conferred the "Enterprise Excellence Award 2007" by the Indian Institution of Industrial Engineering.