Coal Videsh & International Cooperation Division (CV&IC) is engaged in acquiring coking coal assets abroad and diversification in chemical/fertilizer sector.
1. INITIATIVES FOR ACQUISITION OF COAL ASSETS ABROAD:
To be an internationally competitive fossil fuel company having an organization and culture committed towards sustainable growth and increasing profitability with primary aim to enhance energy security of the country by bridging the demand-supply gap through pursuit of overseas opportunities and professional excellence in execution.
CIL’s target coking coal assets:
- Operating Mine – Strategic Equity (Minority stake) + Life-of-Mine (LOM) offtake right
- Near to Production asset – Majority (controlling stake)
- Greenfield asset –
- Acquire Prospective License from Government
- Joint Venture route
- Total Buy-Out
CIL’s target countries: Australia, Canada, USA, Russia
Expression of Interest (EOI) for acquisition of equity stakes in Coking Coal Asset(s) abroad by CIL:
- Coal India Limited, world’s largest coal producing company, intends to acquire Coking Coal Asset(s) abroad. Owner(s) of coking coal asset(s) who wish to sell their equity stakes, or their authorized representatives may send their response along with a brief of the asset(s) to the address given below:
General Manager (CV&IC)
Coal Videsh & International Cooperation Division
Coal India Limited,
Coal Bhawan, Premise No. – 04, MAR, Plot No. AF-III,
Action Area – 1A, New Town, Rajarhat
Kolkata – 700156, India
Email – email@example.com
2. REVIVAL OF FERTILIZER PROJECTS:
- Setting up of Natural Gas based Urea plants: Aa Joint Venture company named Hindustan Urvarak & Rasayan Limited (HURL) comprising of CIL, NTPC, IOCL, FCIL and HFCL has been constituted with the shareholding pattern of the JV partners as:
CIL: 29.67%, NTPC: 29.67%, IOCL: 29.67% & FCIL/HFCL (combined): 10.99%.
The founding purpose of the JV is to set up natural-gas based 1.27 MTPA urea plant at the premises of closed fertilizer plants of FCIL at Gorakhpur (U.P.) & Sindri (Jharkhand) and that of HFCL at Barauni (Bihar). The three plants are being set up at a total estimated cost of around Rs. 22,000 crores. Contracts have been awarded to the respective successful bidders for setting up of the three plants on Lump-Sum Turn Key (LSTK) basis.
Construction works of all three projects are on track and the urea production is expected to commence in the beginning of 2021.
For further details, please visit: https://hurl.net.in
- Setting up of coal gasification based Urea plant: A Joint Venture company named Talcher Fertilizers Limited (TFL) comprising of RCF, CIL, GAIL and FCIL has been constituted with with the shareholding pattern of the JV partners as:
CIL: 29.67%, RCF: 29.67%, GAIL: 29.67% & FCIL:10.99%.
The founding purpose of the JV is to set up an integrated coal gasification based fertilizer complex at the premises of closed fertilizer unit of FCIL at Talcher (Odisha). Coal from the nearby Talcher coalfields blended with pet-coke shall be gasified to produce syngas, which shall be converted into Ammonia and subsequently to 1.27 MTPA of neem coated Urea.
Ministry of Coal has allotted 50% of North of Arkhapal-Srirampur (Northern Part) coal block to TFL. Detailed Exploration, Preparation of Geological Report, Preparation of Mining Plan & Project Report for allotted Coal Block is in progress by CMPDI.
Pre-project activities are already in progress at the site. The plant is scheduled to come in operation in FY 2023-24.
For further details, please visit: http://tflonline.co.in/
3. DIVERSIFICATION IN COAL TO CHEMICAL SECTOR:
- Setting up of Coal to Methanol plant at Dankuni Coal Complex (DCC): In pursuance to initiatives towards development of Clean Coal Technology and alternate use of coal, CIL is exploring the possibilities for setting-up a coal based Methanol plant in the premises of Dankuni Coal Complex (DCC) near Kolkata. Coal sourced from Raniganj coalfields shall be gasified to produce syngas which shall be subsequently converted into methanol.
Pre-Feasibility Studies have been carried out to set up of a 2050 MTPD (0.676 MTPA) capacity Coal to Methanol plant in the available vacant land at the existing DCC plant of CIL. Pre-project activities have been initiated at the site.
Tender for setting up of the plant shall be floated soon.
For further details, please regularly visit: https://coalindiatenders.nic.in/ , https://www.coalindia.in/tenders/en-us/home.aspx , http://eprocure.gov.in